“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” (2Chro 7:14)
As He had been in the beginning, so He is now and so shall He remain forever. . . His arms of judgment remain steadfast. Though, He gives time for repentance that He may be justified when He speaks and clear when He judges. (Ps 51:4).
Pharaoh contended and perished in the sea which he set up to trap the Lord’s chosen. (Ex 14:28; 15:4).
Herman was hanged upon the gallows which he raised for Mordecai. (Est 7:10).
Nebuchadnezzar was condemned to the wild by virtue of his attitude, pride and arrogance (Dan 4:33-37).
Gehazi lost his place for greed and disobedience. (2Ki 5:21-27).
Korah, Dathan, and Abiram. were buried alive because they did contrary to the will of God, raising up a strange fire. (Num 16:19-40).
Ananias and Saphira died for greed and deceit. (Acts 5:1-10).
The list is endless. . . You will say that is in the past. . . What about today:-
- Someone sank a whole vessel loaded with Bibles and he was sunk before he was able to celebrate, even at the pinnacle of his success.
- A country ruler purposed to trade a whole country to a religion which was not according to God’s chosen design and his life was cut short in the prime of his days in the morning of the day he was to sign the deal.
- A terrorist leader followed the same path, he slept and never woke up to see the hour he was scheduled to sign the deal. He was buried unsung and his memories perished with him.
- A country head of state became intoxicated with power that he devised transitional strategies to succeed himself. He was however lucky because he applied his heart unto wisdom. He studied the lives and administrations of his predecessors, He was able to discern the handwriting on the wall and overnight, before the Angel of vengeance caught up with him, he quickly stepped aside. Today, his riches are being squandered by opportunists who give him false hopes of victory at future elections. He travels the globe in search of a cure for an ailment which otherwise could have been managed within his country had he sustained the health for all agenda of his electioneering/ acceptability campaign. He is not too free to travel or move around any of the cities without armed escorts for fear of insecurity. That was the way he built up the country while he was the head of state. Now he himself lives within the chaos he has put in place.
- A field Marshall and head of state who lived a life of cannibalism and despotism was pulled down within a day by the hands of God through an external army and he fled into a strange land. He fled and was banished. He never returned home till he died.
*So funny that some would provide shelter to people whom all religions preach that such should be condemned and stoned to death in the outskirts of the city (Lev 20:27)
What baffles me is that despite the condemnation of certain acts by virtually all religions of this world, some religious sects or states still find a place to accommodate such despotic tyrants in the name of political asylum.*
What is this world turning into? Is this God’s design for the world?
It is time to search within you. What do you do and you think no one sees? What attitude do you exhibit and you think you are the best of all? What thoughts do you harbor and you think you can translate it to actions without anyone questioning you? . . . .
The Bible says “Understand, ye brutish among the people: and ye fools, when will ye be wise?
He that planted the ear, shall he not hear? He that formed the eye, shall he not see?
He that chastiseth the heathen, shall not he correct? He that teacheth man knowledge, shall not he know? The LORD knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity. (Ps 94:8-11)
Ps 130:3 says “If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand?”
While you think no one sees, the silent judge of all creation has already passed judgment on you and the effects have started its manifestation in your life. – Please read the book of Exodus 22 as well as Deut. 27.
There is always a repercussion for every act of omission, commission or negligence. May the Lord open the eyes of your understanding!
The reason you are not dead today is because God has graciously and mercifully permitted you an extra time for repentance.
Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil. (Pr 3:7)
Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it. (Ps 34:14)
Can’t you see and discern the handwriting on the wall? Maybe we should try to interpret it for you. ..
- Are things not working out for you?
- Do people hate or detest you?
- Are you being deprived of your right of place?
- Do you have feelings of insecurity and death?
- Do you experience nightmares and sleepless nights?
- Has confusion set in upon you?
- Do you dwell in a state of restlessness?
- Has anger and bitterness taken the best of you?
- Do you feel inferior in the midst of your peers and colleagues?
- Are you experiencing delays in marriage.
- Do you meet with disappointment at the point of your success?
- Are you battling with issues of failed promises? . . . . . Etc. . . .
Hmmm!!! . . . “The evil that men do live after them” – Shakespearean times but in this day an age, “The evil that men do live before them” and passes on to their future generations – i.e – live after them.
How do you cope when you have to see your children bearing the repercussion of your past actions?
How would you feel when you have to be reprimanded for any shameful act or offense in the presence of your family? – Wife, Children or Sibblings?
I shiver at what your answer might be – that is if you are a man of conscience and with dignity enough to acknowledge your faults when it glares you in the face.
It is time to seek the face of the Lord in all circumstances you live to experience.
Pr 16:17 says “The highway of the upright is to depart from evil: he that keepeth his way preserveth his soul”.
Locate that highway, follow it and you shall have escaped from the alley of sin, evil and death and progressed onto locating God and preserving your soul.
Sin sends us far from God and the benefits of being under His grace but by His mercies and by our truth, our iniquity is purged and when we begin to fear and reverence the Lord of Hosts, the spirit man in us causes us to depart from evil
“By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil”. (Pr 16:6)
I see you struggling to take that bold step right now. . . It is not by power or might but by the grace of God!
Ask for His grace in prayer, building and making your resolve to flee from sin.
It might be difficult but not impossible.
I invite you to register for the next 7 day session of Intercessory Warfare Prayers which begins on Monday 10th -16th November, 2014.
Registration closes on Friday 7th November, 2014.
God does answer prayers.
You may subscribe for individual counseling and guidance and you shall obtain personalized services by email in regard to your peculiar circumstance.
May the good Lord set your feet firmer in the faith in Jesus name – Amen.