(A DIVINE WARNING!)
Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker? They are destroyed from morning to evening: they perish for ever without any regarding it. Doth not their excellency which is in them go away? They die, even without wisdom. (Job 4:17,20,21)
These words, spoken to me in my meditations and, how true and real were the visions of the night when upon waking up and searching through the scriptures and, having read through the book of Job 4:12-21, I knew God had a message for His people.
This contempt was again explained for clarity in Lk 6:39-40 and Matt 10:24)
A blind man cannot lead another. No man can claim to be wiser than his maker or a servant than his master.
But man has continued to exhibit these traits in a bid to assert equality with God, how much less, those who are placed under their authority.
Most of us are actually replaying the roles of our fathers in the days of the wilderness experience when a three day journey lasted 40 years within which period all souls which originally left Egypt (our forefathers) perished without getting to the Promised Land except Joshua and Caleb who diligently followed the divine instructions of God. (Ex 3:18; Ex 5:3; Josh 5:6)
Today, we are experiencing rapid deterioration in our standards of living. There is widespread moral decadence in all ramifications. The signs of the end-times are becoming more and more glaring and prevalent.
“Man” happens to be dying in silence. Man is daily being destroyed due to ignorance and disdainful attitudes and in absolute disregard of God’s supremacy.
Man has gone spiritually blind that no one regards the actual state of man’s existence neither can anyone discern the downward slide into the pits of destruction.
Is this God’s plan and purpose for our lives?
Jer. 29:11 says: For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
The Bible gives an advance warning thus: “This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, high-minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away”. (2Tim 3:1-5)
Going by the attributes outlined above, I ask that we all search diligently within ourselves;
- What part have I played or in what way have I contributed to the decay in our present day society?
- How have I grieved God and incurred His wrath upon myself?
- In what ways have my actions or inactions affected the wellbeing of my home, family, community, state or country?
- Is God’s wrath actually being visited upon me or upon anyone around me?
- Is the nation suffering any indignation as a result of general or widespread ignorance or deliberate acts
I tell you brother/sister, the list is endless and every leader is as guilty as the follower, the rich as well as the poor, the Priest as well as the Church members, the seller as well as the buyer, the borrower as well as the lender . . . etc.
The book of Romans 1 21-30 highlights this issue in clearer terms:
- We all knew God, we failed to glorify Him as God, we were never thankful to Him; but became vain in our imaginations, and our foolish hearts have become darkened. (Vs 21)
- We boast in ourselves to be wise, but continue to exhibit foolishness in our pride and whoring after some handmade images which we make our gods, making a ridicule of the Almighty God (Vs 22, 23, 25)
- We engage in unwholesome practices which grieves the heart of God. Verse 24 says “Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:” . . . . Maybe we don’t understand this . . . but we are very conversant with issues of homosexuality, lesbianism, trans-gender implantations, fornication, adultery, masturbation, drug taking and abuse, women using their endowments to seduce, export drugs, etc. Man thinks himself wise having to mate with animals as if with your own species. How can someone be so inhuman as to go to mate with the insane woman roaming the streets, getting her pregnant and abandoning her in that condition of insanity? What about issues of kidnap mainly for ritual purposes? Do you claim you are not aware? Then I tell you to your face that you deceive yourself. Verse 27 and 32 passes the judgment of God that people who do such things receive in themselves that recompense of their evil deeds which is meet. (We are talking here of strange sicknesses, incurable diseases, unsound minds etc)
- The eventual outcome is clarified in verse 32 which says “they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only those who do the same, but even those who have pleasure in them that do them.
Death stares us in the face in various dimensions. We die in stages thinking that we are enjoying life (Job 4:20-21)
Any life which is devoid of the presence of God is a life which is DEAD WHILE ALIVE – so, what we have roaming our streets today are the “LIVING DEAD”
Let us take a look around us,
- The rich and affluent flaunt their status in absolute disregard of the poor and suffering masses
- Intimidation and suppression has become the order of the day
- The rich causes an offense against the poor but the poor is punished
- The Shepherd (Church Pastors/Priests), like Hophni and Phineas (1 Sam 2:22-25) continue to extort levies from struggling Church members in the name of Tithes, Offerings and First Fruits
- The follower who seeing what his leader does or how he lives and believing him takes after him, learning his ways and evolving deeper strategies to be loved by his master.
- The retailer using false balances in a bid to maximize profits
- The buyer desperately trying to outsmart the seller
- The Landlord and the Tenant using the tenant to build or develop his house
- Friends and colleagues using each other for negative acclaim
- Relationships based on convenience rather than love and trust
- Parents fighting to inherit or acquire the estate of their children
These things happen around us in various dimensions and in different levels of our existence – At home, in our schools, offices, shops churches, markets, playground, streets, etc and the effects of it all manifests in sicknesses, dirty environments, filth all over the place, the Government failing to execute election promises, stagnation, retrogression, suppression, failed promises, hatred, rejection, mockery, etc
The Holy Spirit can never be comfortable having to dwell in such environments.
Many are groaning and singing the same choruses over and over again –
Why are all these things happening to us (me)?
Why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy (Ps 42:9; Ps 43:2)
Why do I labour without anything to show for it?
Why is it that other less privileged people are doing better than I am?
Why is my soul cast down and why am I disquieted within me (Ps 42:5)
Why am I still single or why do I have a failed marriage?
Why do I experience disappointments at the point of success?
But rather, I would ask us to acknowledge our trespasses and confess thus:
- Do not look upon our iniquities O Lord, though they testify against us, for the sake of Your Holy Name, forgive our many backslidings for against Thee only have we sinned and done that which is evil in Thy sight (Jer 14:7; Ps 51:4)
- We acknowledge O Lord that by virtue of our many transgressions, many good things have been withheld from us. We plead your mercies O Lord that the joy of your salvation be restored unto us in Jesus name (Jer 5:25; Ps 51:12)
- Purge our iniquities Oh Lord, wash us clean that we may once again hear joy and gladness and that our broken bones may rejoice. (Ps 51:7-8)
- Take heed to our prayers Oh Lord and grant us your grace once again to behold thy face (Isa 59:2)
- Oh Lord, we have been foolish, rejoicing in our transgressions and have incurred the wrath of afflictions upon ourselves. Forgive our foolish ways and cause your indignation against us to cease for your name’s sake (Ps 107:17)
- Oh Lord, if you will mark iniquities, no one shall stand but you have not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities (Ps 130:3-4; Ps 103:10)
- We put our hope in you Oh Lord for your mercies and your many acts of redemption and we ask O Lord that you redeem us from all our iniquities in Jesus’ name – Amen (Ps 130:7-8)
Oh my! . . . I must admit that my soul grieves in laments having realized how we have deviated from the original plans and purpose of God for our lives.
Man has sold himself out for the sake of temporary convenience as a result of many destinies having been stolen, lost, misused, under-utilized, damaged etc and God says; ”And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm (has) brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me (Isa 63:5)
GOD IS NOT HAPPY that His legacy is being destroyed and has, in His mercies, made this clarion call to all who would believe (Sons & daughters, Shepherds as well as the sheep if His pasture) (Ps 95:7-11; Ps 100:3) to turn from their evil ways and follow the paths of righteousness that the face of the Lord may once again turn towards us and the light of His countenance be lifted upon us.
Psalm 95:7-9 calls us not to harden our hearts to His call.
God affirms in His words through the Prophet Jeremiah that if we do this,
“We shall call upon Him, and we will go and pray unto Him, and He will listen to us, we shall seek and find Him, if we search for Him with all our hearts, and when we find Him, He will turn away our captivities, and gather us from all the nations, and from all the places into which we have been scattered, and bring us again into the place where He had caused us to be carried away captive (Jer. 29:12-14).
In other words, “To possess the land of our captivity” . . . What a divine form of restoration!!!
God is not a man that He should lie. (Nu 23:19; 1Sa 15:29)
If He has said it, His ministering Angels are already keeping watch to fulfill it and it shall not tarry.
God fulfilled it for Zechariah who blessed God as follows:
Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people, To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant; That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear, In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life. To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace. (Luke 1:68-79)
2 Peter 3:9 says “The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance”
He shall also fulfill it for us and we shall sing new songs in the name of Jesus – Amen.